I have been taking Domperidone since January 19, and so far it’s been going reasonably well. I’ve definitely noticed an improvement….it went from an average of 10 mls to 20 mls to my current cap of 40 mls per session just in the past 3 days or so. Only time will tell if it will be a vast enough improvement in order to eventually exclusively breast feed.
Today I finally went and bought a lactation aid (supplement kit) and a nipple shield. I tried them out, and Noah freaked out a little bit, but overall, he took them like a champ. I put the supplement kit on, and Noah took down 50 mls from my left side.
I then tried it on my right, but he wouldn’t go for it, so I decided to try the nipple shield just for the hell of it. And it worked!
I have no idea how much he took (since it was all breast milk, vs with the supplement kit he got formula as well as boob), but he passed out for a bit immediately after, lol.
He woke up about an hour later and was hungry though, so I gave him the rest of his original bottle (so, another 100 mls) and he was happy.
We’ll see how things go. Attempt #2 wasn’t as successful, but he’s just starting to get the hang of things so I’m going to try to be patient.
Overall, I am VERY optimistic! 🙂