– A couple Fridays ago, my friend put together a scavenger hunt. It was SO fun and possible the most exercise I’ve gotten since the summer. Sad, I know.
– This is just effing fantastic.
– I was “jumping” Noah last night and he actually giggled for an extended period of time. It was the cutest thing EVER. I was rewarded with a bunch of spit up afterwards, though. Oops. 😛
– It’s snowing again. Sigh. I feel like summer will never come!
– I worked at a farm auction this week. It went pretty good, my severely sore feet were totally worth the money I made there. And I only ended up having to put out $20 for babysitting! Yay! I missed Noah like crazy while I was gone though.
– We FINALLY got cable last week, and we are enjoying it. Caleb can finally watch hockey, and cheer for his favorite team in the playoffs…..GO CANUCKS!
– I don’t really know anything about hockey. I am a sad excuse for a Canadian, I know.
– My sister is graduating high school next month! WTS! It’s so weird to think that in only FIVE months, she can legally go to the bar. That’s scary to me…..I can’t even wrap my head around it! I’d like to think that my pearls of bar wisdom will allow her to be an old hat by association, but I suppose that’s probably too much to ask for. I’m stoked to take her to the bar on her 18th, but it’s going to be weird to see her being drunk and disorderly!
– Speaking of my sister, her views on the world are hilarious. This is a sample from our conversation a few days ago:O (Me) – “So, what are your plans for next year? Are you going to go to school?” A (Sister) – “No, I’m going to work and eventually move into an apartment near the college with my friends.” O – “Oh, cool, who are you going to live with?” A – [Rattles off SIX names] O – “What?! Are you going to try and rent a 6 bedroom house or something?!” A – “No, we’re going to get a 3 bedroom apartment” O – [laughing] “Uh……so you’re going to share beds? Get some bunkbeds? Bahahahahaha…..you do realize that there is no way that any landlord would rent a 3 bedroom apartment to six 18 year olds, right? That’s a one-way ticket to not getting your damage deposit back.”
She is so funny. I may be pretty naive, but I still know a thing or two about how the world works.
– She’s also funny because she has no idea how much money it costs to live on your own (well, I don’t really either, but I struggled even when I had student loans covering my rent). She’s never even had a job. It’s hard enough getting a job when you have experience, let alone someone who doesn’t have any. I’m interested to see what kind of job (if any) that she’ll scrape up. Mind you, that’s not me being mean, it’s me being realistic….it’s ridiculously difficult to get a job here. I am not looking forward to August/September/October when I need to start looking for one!
– Also, my sister is FINALLY getting her grad dress next week. But seriously, her grad is SIX weeks away…..I just hope she’ll get one at all! It doesn’t even involve me directly and I’m stressed out about it.
– Weird side note, but for some reason I am liking my boobs more nowadays. Which is weird, because they’re all “Mommy-ed Out” (stretch marks, etc)….but I think they’re a bit bigger. (And no, I’m not pregnant!)
I’ve been such an asshat about blogging regularly. I started this post 2 weeks ago, and I yet again missed the “Friday” date. Sigh.
Hope you all are having a fantabulous weekend!
Want more leftovers? Check out the host here.
P.S. Please keep voting for me in the “Yummy Mummy” contest with my local radio station! You can click on the “Yummy Mummy” button in the top right hand column of this blog, and it’ll take you right where you need to go! Thank you! 🙂