And by “showers”, I mean “snow”, of course. We’ve had beautiful weather lately, until Mother Nature decided to wait until I had relegated the snow brush to my trunk for her to dump snow on us once again. Then again, I probably shouldn’t complain, we’ve had possibly the mildest winter EVER.
So it’s been about a month since I last updated….I know, I know! I suck. So here’s some semi-interesting things that are going on…
– We talked wheelchairs at our PT/OT/ST appointment a few weeks ago. Talk about a punch in the gut. I thought we had more time.
– At our PT/OT/ST appointment last week, they watched him eat and were happy about it. He stays pretty centered, opens his mouth for the food, etc. Speech told me to start putting the spoon of food in front of his mouth/on his lips instead of in his mouth, because he isn’t closing his lips. So hopefully by working on that, it will encourage him to use his lips more, which can then lead to helping him figure out how to use a sippy (since his ped wants him to be completely weaned off or in the process of weaning off the bottle by 18 months….which is like 2 months away. Eek).
– It seems like I am continually posting that he is close to talking! Argh! It always seems like he is, like he says “Hi” or “Thank you” or “Hey” or “No”….but I have no idea if I am just imagining it or “putting words in his mouth”, so to speak.
– He is still working SO hard to roll! He’s getting his foot and arm over, raising his pelvis….it’s just that damn momentum!
– All of this is just so frustrating because he seems SO CLOSE…
– He hasn’t giggled again since the last time I posted. ARGH.
– We’ve been going on walks every morning with his baby friend N, who we met through the Early Intervention playgroup. Noah is thankfully getting used to the stroller so it’s not so stressful trying to get him places.
– His startle reflex is steadily going away, which is always good!
– But his lazy eye seems to be coming back, sigh.
– This is what he did today! 😀
– And THIS was from the Winter Babies [my birth club] meet up in Calgary on February 4! LOL! Note Noah in the left corner. 🙂